Before you download would you like to sign up for my newsletter? It’s free & you’ll be the first to know about new plugins.
What is this?
Have you ever visited VideoCopilot? It’s a great effects resource run by Andrew Kramer and he recently posted a scopes tutorial and the project files. I got to work and created free Final Cut Pro X scope and binocular effects with an authentic look and feel with 6 styles and 12 crosshairs. Remember, don’t shoot your eye out. 😉
Install and use
- Download and unzip the file.
- Move the unzipped folder “Stupid Raisins Glass” to Movies>Motion Templates>Titles.
- Restart Final Cut Pro X.
- In FCPX click on the Title browser.
- Select Stupid Raisins Glass category and then drag and drop an effect onto your clip.
Get more scopes, binoculars and cameras.
If you need something more customizable check out Ripple Training’s Optics effects. Optics is fantastic for creating first-person perspectives through different camera, scope and binocular lenses.
- 14 different effects
- Animate focus, position and scale
- Add thermal and night vision effects
- Animate scan lines, flicker and roll